11 Cream
16 Sugar
JoAnn

Caffeine Reviews

"Books and Coffee it doesn't get any better than this..."

In the Bleak Midwinter: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alsyne Novel - Julia Spencer-Fleming I won this on Goodreads give away last year.

Because the story takes place during winter I wanted to read it while it was snowing outside so I could get into the blizzard feel of the setting.

The story is about Russ the Chief of Police of a small New York town Miller's Kill and Clare the first female priest of a small Episcopalian church St. Albans. They start by trying to solve a mystery of an abandoned baby found by Clare on the church steps which leads to 2 murders of course related to the baby's case. Reverend Clare Fergusson our amateur sleuth is very headstrong and has a tendency to jump into situations with out thinking first of the dangers which is funny because she is suppose to be a trained exmilitary helicopter pilot and Russ her sort of knight in shining armor who always comes to save her. There is added sexual tension of forbidden love between the married chief and Clare which adds another dimension to the story and at times it does drag on a bit. The mystery its self kept me guessing till the very end I would be willing to read the next book in the series.